Monday, March 22, 2010

Springtime in the woods

We have now lived in this house on this property a little over a year and a half.  This is supposed to be our dream house.  One day, after the renovation and updates are complete, it will be.  It is our dream property, that's for sure.  It's over 250 beautiful acres, mostly wooded.  I love coming home to this property.  It still takes my breath away.

Saturday evening after working outside all day we decided to take a ride on the ATVs around the property.  The weather was perfect, it was the first day of spring, it couldn't be any better. 

We have two creeks on the property, one larger and one smaller.  The larger creek I call a river.  It flows steady and has a strong current.


The large creek winds and bends quite a bit.


There were beavers in one area on the large creek, but I didn't see any additional beaver damage on this visit.  Maybe they have moved on to greener pastures?  I hope so.


Here a small waterfall is formed by water runoff into the small creek.

Saturday evening I saw several underground springs come above ground and flow into the creeks.  We startled some deer as we drove by, and eventually we watched the sun set between the trees.  It was the perfect ending to the beginning of a new season.

Spring is welcome here.   

10 comments:

Gail said...

Beautiful peaceful land. I love moving water and we are blessed to have three springs here that combine into a creek.

Thank goodness, spring is peeking out.

Kirkland Acres Rabbitry And Farm said...

beautiful. Reminds me of the creel behind our house

Knatolee said...

I love the little waterfall!

Leigh said...

It's beautiful Lynn. What a treat to have such privacy and woods. What fun to make the home truly yours, truly your dream home come true!

Razzberry Corner said...

Gail - Aren't springs so neat? I think it's so cool to see water just coming out fo the ground.

retriever farm - Thanks! I'll have to go check out your blog!

Knatolee - I loved it, too!

Leigh - It will be fun to make the house ours, but to keep the history, too!

~Lynn

Robin said...

You have such a beautiful property. I can see why you bought it.

DayPhoto said...

I feel the same way about our 80 acres! Lucky you! And thank you for sharing it with us!

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Lee said...

Wow, I didn't know you guys had streams on your property as well. I would pick a spot for an Adirondack chair overlooking the water and then get absolutely nothing done. :)

Razzberry Corner said...

Robin - We couldn't resist this place, I think it was meant for us!

Linda - I love reading about your property on your blog - you are always so busy!

Lee - Yes, it is nice to just sit back & relax sometimes. But there's so much to do...

~ Lynn

Carla said...

Peaceful, peaceful post.
Around here, folks would give their eye teeth to have running water (creeks, springs). They pay a premium in price for the land if it has water.