Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring has Arrived

Spring arrived yesterday in all it's glory.


The weather was absolutely perfect.  First thing in the morning we went to an Amish Farmer's Market here in MD.  It's a 30,000-square-foot farmers market which sells fruits and vegetables, freshly-squeezed juices and ciders, steroid-free meats, dairy products, homemade chocolates and Easter candy, and it has a food court with breakfast and lunch buffets and food stands offering barbecued chicken and ribs, chicken corn soup, fried chicken wings and more.  Plus there is Amish furniture and crafts for sale, including handmade quilts for sale.  I forgot to take pictures because I was enjoying it too much! 

I found my new favorite snack - dried and salted green beans!  I'm going to have to make these this summer - they are very addictive!

7 comments:

Gail said...

My sister dried squash this year and flavored it will a Cajun seasoning and they are fabulous. Not only can you eat them like chips but you can throw them into a soup.

I shall tell her about the green beans.

Sounds like the kind of places I like to visit.

Country Girl said...

This Amish farm market sounds great! Kind of like Cow Town, but better! Do you remember Cow Town? When we finally come down to see you, we will pop up the pop-up and you have to take us there! Isn't the warm weather grand?

Razzberry Corner said...

Gail - Dried squash is a great idea! Last year we had so much squash from our gardedn, but I never thought of drying it! I'll have to do that this year!

Barb - This Amish market is smaller than Cow town, and it's all inside a bldg. There is another Amish Market in Charlotte Hall, MD, that's real similar to Cow Town. They even have livestock auctions (that's where we got our chicks), and tons of fresh veggies/fruit, and other stuff, too. I love all the Farm markets around here, but you know, it's still not as good as the veggie & fruit stands on the roadsides in NJ!
~Lynn

Genny said...

Sounds wonderful. How do you make dried green beans?

Razzberry Corner said...

Genny - I figured I'd put some fresh green beans on my dehydrator & see how they taste afterwards! I love green beans, I'm sure they'll be good. Maybe I'll try steaming the beans first, also, to see how that turns out... I'm getting hungry...
~Lynn

Lisa said...

Oh my land!! I'd be in heaven at a farmer's market like that.

Robin said...

How cool is that. I so want to go to it now! The dried green beans sound awesome.