Thursday, March 29, 2012

Three less guineas than last week

Last Monday I blogged about a missing gray female guinea.  She was never found. We assume she was killed and her body taken away.

Monday night another of the gray female guineas was killed.  Feathers were found.  Her body was never found.

Today (Thursday) one of the two white guineas was killed right in our front yard during the day.  We came home from work and found a crime scene.  Sadly, we found the body.  We believe it was the slow white female guinea.  She fought and ran and hid herself under bushes and brush.  She died from the injuries she sustained before running and hiding.  She suffered a terrible and slow death.  Tomorrow we will see for sure which one of the white guineas is still alive and safe in the tree.

An autopsy was performed on the dead bird and we believe determined what is killing the guineas.

More to follow on this horrible breaking news front.  Stay tuned.

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Ugh! The suspense!!

JosephAlsarraf said...

Oh..... very sorry to hear about your guineas.... : (

Chai Chai said...

Horrible news, at least you have those eggs....

LindaG said...

Really sorry to hear that.
I would guess a dog, but I guess we'll see.

*hugs* ♥

Kessie said...

Nooooo! Poor guineas! What could it be? Curse these long commercial breaks! :-)

Mary Ann said...

Oh, no, sounds like a cat or dog... so sorry.

Rae said...

:( No good!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Do hurry up and tell us your discovery from the autopsy. I'm so sorry for your losses!

Farm Girl said...

Oh, how I hate having to perform CSI on a murder scene, but it is important. I will be staying tuned to hear the rest of the story.
I am so sorry about your poor guineas.

Dog Trot Farm said...

I am so sorry to read this, I was rooting for "Slow Guinea." I have witnessed this same scenario, it is very cruel and such an agonizing death for the bird. I do hope you capture the culprit. Blessings from Dog Trot Farm, Julie.

Foothills Poultry said...

Live traps need to be set. I keep a couple set at all times, just in case. Good luck getting rid of the predator and keeping the rest safe.

Robin said...

How sad. That is too bad.