Monday, March 26, 2012

Results of Missing Guinea Hen Search

The search for the missing guinea hen started yesterday and continued today. 
And look what was found - A guinea nest full of guinea eggs!



It was in a stick pile not too far from the house.





Sadly, the missing guinea hen was not sitting on her nest.  She probably is gone.  Surprisingly, whatever took her didn't disturb the eggs.  Maybe she's off sitting on another nest?  I'm hoping she'll turn up, although it's not likely. 

And now the big question - what to do with all the eggs?  Incubate them? 
Maybe...
Stay tuned!


7 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for "slow" guinea. My, what are you going to do with all those eggs?

Chai Chai said...

Incubating in hopes that one of your hens goes broody?

There is still hope she is out there, somewhere.

Kessie said...

Aww ... poor guinea nest. Is it real cold there at night still? Do you think the eggs are alive enough to try incubating?

LindaG said...

Hopefully you can incubate them or put them under a broody hen.
Sorry to hear the guinea hen is probably gone. Would be nice if you could hatch a few eggs to replace her.
*hugs* ♥

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Close the front door ... if I counted right there's about a month's worth of eggs nestled in the pile of sticks. I can't wait to hear what your plans are. I sure hope Mama Guinea shows up eventually, however I'm not holding my breath!

Rae said...

Holy cow! That's quite the hoard of guinea eggs! I hope she's just off sitting on another stash.

Country Girl said...

That's a lot of eggs to incubate!! Can you imagine that many new guineas running around? Wow!