Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Poison Ivy

My husband & I went out for a walk in the woods Saturday morning. It was a nice, peaceful, relaxing time, just like the hundreds of other walks I've been on. We walked the same paths, didn't climb through any brush or bushes or anything strange...

Then, on Sunday, I noticed I was scratching my neck. No big deal, I quit scratching. Later Sunday evening, I realized I had a rash - on my neck, of all places! It was all red & nasty. I didn't scratch it anymore, but by Monday morning it spread to a second spot on my neck. Nice...

Now it's Tuesday, and sure enough, it's still there, looking like I have something nasty right in the front of my neck. I'm treating it, and hoping it's doesn't look as bad as I think. And of course I'm in a training class for my work, which means interacting with strangers, going out to lunch with strangers & coworkers, and generally trying to make a good impression, all with a nasty spreading rash on the front of my neck...

Monday I wore a turtleneck sweater to class to hide this issue. It was 105 degrees outside, but there I was, with a turtleneck. It was cold in the classroom, you understand. Today I gave up hiding it & displayed my poison ivy with a normal shirt. I did try to keep my long hair in front of it, though.

So, if you're attending training with some poor girl with a nasty poison ivy rash on her neck, it just may be me. Try not to laugh too hard!

-Lynn

2 comments:

Robin said...

Oh NO! I'm so sorry.Hopefully it goes away soon. What timing to get it at.

Razzberry Corner said...

Yeah, that's my luck, it seems! It still hasn't gone away, and it's been almost a week now...