Monday, February 18, 2019

Lucy, I'm home!

Wow, it's been QUITE A WHILE since I wrote a blog post here.  Years.  I'm so very sorry.  I didn't mean for this to happen, but so very much happened in the past 4 years.  Four years.

First of all, my very last post was about Muffin my rooster.  Man, I realized I loved that rooster, and he died from frozen legs.  Yes, his legs "died" after getting frostbit and the poor rooster had to be put down.  It broke my heart and I couldn't bring myself to post about it.  So I didn't.  I just couldn't.  And I quit posting to avoid talking about it.  Then life simply got in the way, and I had stopped posting here at Razzberry Corner.

So very much happened since 2015, I can't even begin to catch anyone up and bring you up-to-date.  In 2015 I admitted I was a high-tech gal living on a historic farm and working a high-tech job in Washington, DC.  Well, the tech stuff caught up with me and consumed me, leaving the farm girl behind.  I went back to school, got a master's degree in digital forensic science, immediately got a new job which was super demanding.  My hubby and I ended up leaving the farm.  Yes, we left the farm.  It was too much work, it was too hard.  I couldn't run the farm and school full time and work full time.  The farm life was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Here's to all the farmer's out there!  YOU ROCK and I love you!

We still own the farm and rent it out.  We couldn't completely leave the farm now.  And we took the farm cats with us to our new home.  We couldn't leave them behind!  The chickens & guineas preferred to stay at the farm, however.

I've thought about this blog for many years and here I am back again.  "Lucy, I'm home!"  It is home for me.  So, hang tight, it's gonna get crazy!  Razzberry Corner is ramping up.  Stay tuned!!

No comments: